High quality and user friendly
Notch milling machine
> Model no. 1653
The notch test tests the resistance of PE pipes to slow crack growth. The notch milling machine produces V-shaped notches in polyolefin pipes in accordance with ISO 13479. The notched pipes are then subjected to a pressure test.
The new IPT notching machine with touchscreen automates this process. The pipe sample is secured by means of a power-driven holder, the reference point automatically determined and the machining of the notch is performed at the cutting speed stipulated in the standards. The length and depth are adjustable. An optional face milling cutter enables test samples with a wall thickness of more than 50 mm to be machined in one sequence.
The integrated touch control system does not only compute the notch depth on the basis of wall thickness and desired remaining wall thickness, but records the total sum of notch length milled and displays a message when cutter replacement is required.
Simple and safe operation:
- Convenient operation and clear visualisation via integrated touch display
- Fixation of the test sample with power-driven holder and torque-limiting friction coupling
Reliable test results:
- Automatic computing of the zero point of each milling process; calibration by means of supplied reference gauge
- Stepless adjustment of notch length
- High-quality unit components guarantee high reliability, a long service life and low maintenance costs